Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Young and Dumb

I tell you this epic error so you do not do the same...and BTW don't read this while eating.

Almost three years ago I was still looking for the quick fix way to lose weight. I just had a co-worker and some of her family members go through the "Lemonade Diet" and look amazing for it. It was explained to me that it was a fasting, but you were still drinking in all your "proper nutrients" while detoxifying [shudder at the memory]. Really it is a colon cleanse and I bought the book: The Master Cleanser by Stanley Burrough

Okay, like I said the WRONG thing to do and I learned my lesson the hard way. You will probably get it from these ingredients mixed up and chugged downed all day; lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. Then laxatives in the form of a tea called the punny name: Smooth Move (at night) and then in the morning you drink QUART of warm water and sea salt to push whatever is left--> out [vile]. The objective is to do this for minimum of 10 days! INSANITY.

I can tell you that it did not work for me and I in no way advocate this cleanse. I have flash backs of this horrific choice and I had to throw away the containers I made the liquid-death in. I started on a Thursday night (had Friday off for some reason--planned to be at home for the literal sh*t storm that was going to happen). By Sunday/Day-3 I was so weak. I had gone for ground, I had zero energy and all I could do was poo mucus out my anus and lay back down on the couch in exhaustion. Supposedly the point, but I had nothing left to give...and for this project I was going to be a quitter.

Moral?
- When life gives you lemons? --Do not make this lemonade.
- Still had a supportive husband back then (why he can live his life with crazy is sometimes a mystery)
- My butt was not happy...however this is why I believe that dairy is a mucus producing food. I have seen my own evidence. Graphic I know--not sorry.
- If you want to do a cleanse, then do the purest raw food diet --that will get you pooping!
- Pooping is essential (if you've ever had surgery, you know it is really life or death to start that process again if you ever want to eat solid foods)
- There is never a quick fix
- Eat stupid, don't starve yourself
- Eat the right things and be active/exercise
- Stop making excuses, everyone can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment