My moto has been sad for a whole week now. She sits in the garage waiting patiently to be taken out onto the open road. When I leave in the morning to go to/from work I apologize for not taking her out and hop into my mini-SUV. I really wish I could ride every day...Gracie's shiny, chrome-y self calls to me and I have to leave her behind. Well, this Friday that wasn't the case. I got to wear jeans to work (instead of the traditional suit and heels) and that means I am riding in!
Love it! The mornings are now cool (but not cold) and the evenings are so nice to cruise around. To add an extra bonus of riding the motorcycle in, it means I get to take the carpool lane home and save at least 10 minutes on my return commute at rush hour. Once home, I was welcomed by my hubby and his freshly washed moto in the driveway. Both handsome devils edging to get going somewhere out and about that night. Ab-so-lutely.
We decided to go up to Fountain Hills so we could enjoy a ride without much traffic. We didn't even stop for dinner...just all riding. A quick 50 mile jaunt up north and back was exactly what we needed to kick off the weekend right. We chased each other like little kids on an asphalt playground. It gives me such a feeling of pride to be my own driver, to have my own Harley and to see C looking studly on his own hog. We let out the throttles on the highway, putted around in a neighboring town, then a quick stroll around the park before we headed back home to get Lenny his dinner.
Being pup parents sure can be easy and spontaneous. Better enjoy these simple times of life now...before they get even better later!
No comments:
Post a Comment