Last weekend my friend encouraged me to buy whatever crap food I wanted while at the grocery store because I only 1/2 hour out from my house burning. So I brought potato chips into the house (2 kinds) and a ton of beer. I was crazy as I was still trying to play hostess and brought some sour cream to make dip...never got around to that.
This weekend I hear ...
UP FISH! I-I CAPTIAN. [BONK, BANG, CRASH!] Ow. [Drilling] Can you see my light? No, can you see my light?!? Crap, give me a wall plate.
...Being yelled from inside my construction zone home and from the ceiling. You see, Curtis is geeking out. While the insulation in our roof has been sucked out and soon to be replaced, he decided it is the perfect time to put Ethernet drops throughout our home. [CO - C would be so proud --at the technology improvements]. And it was good timing for wiring, but both Lenny and I were not happy having our routines disturbed again.
I nervously nibble on pumpkin seeds in my computer room trying to hole myself away from the commotion. At one point I left in the rain to get out of the house to run some errands for the other intention to keep my sanity. Lenny was left with the boys and has always been apprehensive of the ceiling...think Chicken Little --The Sky is Falling mentality with ceiling fans. Now our home's ceiling has been on fire, making vacuuming sounds (insulation coming out), people climbing around up in there, painting and evaluating our roof trusses, etc.
Maybe there is something to his skitty greyhound theory.
No comments:
Post a Comment