Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We're a Team

I feel as if I should give an update due to the general upsetting nature of my last post (our home was on fire!). It is all still settling in and I think we are still trying ignore the fact that we could have easily lost our whole house. For the most part we can try and ignore that portion of our house since it is all a mess.

We are still living here, it gives us a nice sense of normalcy. Our house is currently a construction zone, but to have them act so fast on repairs is amazing. Go awesome insurance company with great contractors! They brought an industrial sized hepa-filter over on Monday to suck out the lingering smoke and more importantly to cut down on the insulation particles still floating about. This sucker processes all the air in our home 10-times over in a 24 hour period! For all those who know my OCD tenancies....this makes me giddy to think the air is clean!

They sent a crew over to wipe down our kitchen and that was a huge amount of stress off of me. If you wiped a single finger and inch down our counter top you would pull it up and evaluate a layer of black cellulose particles had gathered to coat your fingertip. [ick] I was going batty because I simply could not keep up with it and didn't deem my kitchen sanitary to eat or prepare anything within.

So slowly the stress is seeping away. Curtis and I are a great team and are handling this together. He takes care portions of the construction, coordinating, taking time off of work and then I switch off with time away from work and the logistical portions of the insurance. We are working to make our house a full home again.

Thank you for all your well wishes. We are all alive and uninjured, so that's what matters...everything after that is just stuff.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you guys are ok..Man what a scary thing to happen. Funny how things happen! Glad also that things are getting a little bit easier for you.

    ReplyDelete