Friday, February 12, 2010

UPC Code

The week has been stressful busy, but luckily the ladies called and we did a happy hour/dinner (we try for one each month). It was very refreshing just to go out for a few hours and have that girl talk time. Where you just lay every problem out on the table, you don't expect it will be solved and it gets to be a nice vent session with the added bonus of beer! Then from there you may get feedback, laughed at or the shot of reality you needed to get over it. Always a good time and pooling of ideas.

Lately I have been trying to organize myself for the farmer's market trips or to join a CSA group (Community Supported Agriculture). In Phoenix I also have the option to have fresh veggies/fruit delivered to my door every Thursday morning before 7AM...it would be like Christmas once a week! And I wouldn't have to fight the grocery store crowd as often.

Most of the ladies commented they could never go through that much fresh anything in a week. Believe me, I have also had fresh food turn into fuzz balls in my forgotten crisper drawers. Well, I told them of my recent diet endeavors and whew! It is the same question--so are you vegetarian now or something?!? (It never has a fully encouraging tone) For Pete's sake I am eating at Buffalo Wild Wings...does this look like I have gone full veggie yet? Grrr. Then the next question proceeds (from any group, not just my gal pals) of what am I then? Really, do I require a label?!?

I like the idea of turning veg, but for now I could be called "flexitarian" ...maybe 3 small servings of meat find their way into my diet per week. Normally when I go out to a restaurant and for now I am still a confused cook who will soon reinvent my pantry staples for most of the recipes I would like to try. Flexitarian just seems like a cop out...maybe I should go with a classic label...something like "Omnivore Light." Whatever you want to call it...I feel alert and light and am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment