I am not a picky eater, the one thing I damn near refuse to eat is okra. It is a gooey vegtable that oozes slime and doesn't even want to be a part of itself. Grant it, I have been given the argument for fried okra a few times...but what isn't all but remedied when fried?!? I am not buying in, I know what it was before the grease.
My weakness is salt. Not cake, not sweets...salt.
Today I could totally relate with a friend's food aversion. At lunch I made a pick up order for a yummy Black Bean Burger from Pita Jungle and subbed the garlic potatoes with brown rice so I could eat that side later. Got back to the office, opened the box and all the burger toppings were strewn about the to-go box. There were tons of long pickle slices all jumbled about the bottom and the juice had leaked onto my rice. [I actually cringed]. I love the salty, crunch of pickles on burgers---but when I thought about the dill pickle juice getting all over my brown rice? Gick, that little place in the back of my jaw locked up tight and I shuddered.
Now I know how E must feel every time she sees a pickle on her plate. Poor girl.
PICKLES = GROSS!
ReplyDeleteAlso, raisins. Ew. I won't eat anything with a raisin in it.