Thursday, February 4, 2010

Noms

So have you been curious what I've been eating this week? Well there is still meat in my diet for the time being. I am phasing it out of my house, going out for sushi b-day celebrations and integrating vegetarian-ish meals.

The "-ish" comes from last night's dinner of Mushroom & Herb Risotto from Trader Joe's (the ingredients include chicken stock from the box). Other than that it is pretty friendly. To make it a meal I added fresh portabella mushrooms (2 large/chopped), broccoli (2+ cups), roasted red bell pepper and grated parmesan to our box-of-yum:


Earlier in the week I made a favorite of Curtis' --this one's shocking cause he is not a fish fanatic. Mahi-Mahi tuna steaks dipped in a pistachio breading (crushed nuts, salt & pepper) over romaine lettuce, tomatoes and an avocado dressing.
Rough recipe:
Chop nuts (1/2 cup) combine with spices (1/4 tsp), bread fish, pan fry in olive oil to brown each side, 1-2 min each side. Then cook for remainder of time in oven (appx 10 min).

While baking, prep bed of romaine lettuce, cut tomatoes and make the dressing. Puree avocado (1), grated sweet onion (1T), add olive oil (1-2T), water (1T), lime juice (1T) and mix to desired consistency.

Combine and enjoy!

If you want a meatless alternative - last week I used seasoned bread crumbs, sliced egg plant and baked in my new (mini) convection oven till GBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment