I took photos of my washer/dryer on my phone, but they don't do my new appliances justice...so those can come later. I don't believe any of you are on bated breath for those photos.
So lets run you through the last week:
(+) Friday Sushi/Sake Happy Hour with friends--plus shoe shopping! Heaven.
(+) Saturday Renaissance Faire with friends/adopted family - found healthy eats and indulged in others that weren't (think cookies & cream gelato - yum!)
(-) Sunday consisted of 4 different stores to find a light fixture for the kitchen that I could actually like (sorry babe)
(+) Curtis installed another florescent fixture to replace the old one that was shorting out - thank you for being such a real handy man!
(±) Monday I was summoned for jury duty, again (payment for our American privileges, dread to go/potentially a boring day)
(+) Tuesday ordered the NEW kitchen cabinets -wow!
(±) Wednesday - We still can't decide on counter tops (a great luxury problem to have)
(-) Thursday - Horrific motorcycle accident, pray for them and their families...and PLEASE keep a watchful eye while on the road for your fellow travelers
(+) Friday/Today
In my own little tribute I rode into work today on my moto. It would be silly to be scared, but accidents like this give you a whole new gravity on the realities of the road. So today I overcame any apprehension and chose to be cautious, but to get out there and do what we love....RIDE.
As I fueled up Gracie this morning, a city worker was gassing up his truck and came around the Circle K pumps to tell me to "be careful riding out there." I nodded in appreciation at his fatherly comment and said I would. Then he did a double take at my moto and enviously complimented "niiice Harley." :)
On a lighter note, I pulled into the office the same time as a co-worker. She eyeballed me as I slung my leg off the bike and took my helmet off. Later after she had made her cup of tea, she came by my cube in her thick Scottish brogue and confessed...
"I saw you ride in on your motor-bike this morning and I got out of my mini-van...and it just made me feel old."
I couldn't help but exclaim how adorable she was! It was such a honest comment and in her accent it made it even more endearing. People around us make life wonderful...and I can't wait for this weekend.
Positive attitude, good times ahead...
No comments:
Post a Comment