Monday, March 15, 2010

Domesticated Diva

Earlier in the week I rummaged through the salvaged pile of sundries in the middle of our garage. Our stuff had been boxed, bagged and covered with a plastic tarp which was then in turn covered by drywall dust, mud and paint over spray. I got myself shimmied around the edge of the garage between the boxes and the garage door/walls and dug in, under and through the muck.

I FOUND THE WINDEX!!! Who knew I could be so freakin' excited to clean my mirrors and windows. Got a bar of soap to replace the paper thin traces of soap that dwindled in our shower and found another tub of Lysol Wipes. Who knew I was so domesticated?!?

I believe tomorrow I get my new washer and dryer. I will take photos like a proud parent and post. Again in an odd twist, showing that I am getting older...I am excited to do laundry. The fluff and fold was a nice idea, but it was still an inconvenience...the conveniences of home still rule.

Now there is great talk of new cabinets and counter tops as the insurance-paid flooring goes in. I will keep you updated as we figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment