We were getting our insulation blown back in our roof today, so Lenny went to stay at Uncle T's house so he didn't get an ulcer listening to a "vacuum" going all day in the roof. He was a good boy all day, I let him outside for the bathroom and while outside he kept sniffing around where a kitty sat watching him on a bench. Lenny eventually circled to the back and the cat moved.
Our sight hound saw. And the chase ensued with a very unsuspecting cat who didn't know he had to run that fast. Back and forth, cat couldn't get over the fence (too fat), couldn't get through an open slat on the fence and then couldn't get under T's porch in time. And then the scariest thing ensued, Lenny, pounced it like a toy, that awful cat MEOW-AAAWWWWING sound droned out and the scratching began. I started yelling...shouting, nothing broke it up. He was in hunt mode.
I jumped up on the wooden porch and the clamor allowed the cat to finish going under the porch and for me to pull Lenny inside the house dripping in blood.
This is what happens when he met the cat:
I am not sure how the cat is doing, I really hope for the best. I can't blame years of breeding and instinct...it's just what greyhounds do...and not all chase cats. And don't get the wrong idea that my Lenny is bad...just still learning what retired life is all about. Perhaps some day he will take up golf instead.
cat. scratch. feeverrrrr!
ReplyDelete(sorry)
Hope Lenny's pride isn't too wounded and that the cat has a nice family to take care of her.