Wow, I fell off the diet wagon and lost site of it somewhere last Saturday. Between guests, eating out and birthday parties, complete with cake...I can say hello to the returning few pounds that I lost.
I am not doing anything extreme, just the South Beach Diet. It is mostly low-carb, whole grain diet that tells you if you are hungry on this diet--then you are doing it wrong. I equate the menu of plentiful veggies, nuts, cheese, lean meat and added fruit with the monitored starches as a wake up call telling me: why don't you just eat right dummy! The first 2 weeks are extreme to jump start your system and to rid the sugar cravings. You cut out sugar (Splenda allowed), fruit, bread/starches and all booze. Last year I lost 7 and gained muscle doing Pilates classes 4x a week. This year I have taken away 6 of the 7 I put back on from last year...with the Pilates studio closing in a few weeks I have a whole new routine to seek out.
No excuses, because now I have a whole new motivation: The husband and I are going to Hawaii (eep, bikinis) and there is a girls trip scheduled for May in Vegas!
No comments:
Post a Comment