Monday, April 20, 2009

Before and After (of sorts)

When I started my blog I wanted to give helpful tips and recipes. Now it is time to hold up that end of the bargain. And if you would like exact measurements for future recipes, then I will post going forward—write me if you need those now. My twist on this is what I ate before the diet revamp and what I am striving for now:

Before:
Proves the point that just because it is homemade, doesn’t mean it is good for you…

Chicken-Fried Pork Chops
Take Cayenne pepper, egg and water for the dredge—scramble in a bowl
Breading/Batter - Mix flour and corn starch (2:1 ratio)
Appx 1 lb of ¼ cut pork chops
--> Using tongs, dip pork into the egg, then the flour/batter and then allow to rest on a wire rack (so your flour does not cloud and burn in your fry pan of heated oil). In the fry pan of vegetable or canola oil and cook pork till golden brown and pork is at the proper internal temperature


After:
I was actually in the mood for this dish!

Caprese Salad
Core a vine ripened tomato, cut into disk/round slices. Plate with an alternating pattern tomato and sliced/fresh mozzarella, sprinkle with fresh basil leaves torn/cut into thin strips, season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste), and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment