It's always the little things in life that make me the happiest. Great example is tonight, a cheap thrill....as we approached my friend's gated apartment complex the gate started to creep shut. SHOOT THE GAP! No "clicker" necessary, I punched it and had a giddy little laugh over that simple rush. Sharky (my car) made it, no harm done.
Now mind you, it doesn't even have to be dangerous. Tonight has me recalling what we used to do as a family in my podunk town; taking the rickety old Dodge down Roosevelt Street. My sister and I would sit in the very back bench seat of the van...and my dad would speed up as we approached the dip of the wash. [woosh*flip*zoom] And then we would giggle profusely as our tummies turned like we had just been on a rollercoaster. Perhaps my parents enjoyed the laughter, the anticipation...or maybe they had the same simple fun we did of the moment.
In my own family of 2, the moments can be just as precious. Last night we booked the flight for our Hawaiian vacation. YEAH!!! And then we went out of routine --ignored the chores, the TV shows, computer time or anything else. We put eachother first. Curtis and I just laid on top of the covers talking and laughing...laughing so hard he had me crying. I am still in euphoria.
No comments:
Post a Comment