For the first time in my life, I joined an honest to goodness pay-per-month GYM. In the past I played tennis, ran the track for fun, did activities at the ASU SRC, but the free-weight section always intimidated me with all the meat-heads looming about and talking about their protein shakes. I am more of a class junkie because in college I took a step class and that instructor kicked my arse harder than I ever would have pushed myself. This still holds true at the new GYM and I choose it for its wide variety of classes and locations.
I am on a mission to get fit. Joined Saturday and went to an interval/cardio weight training class ½ hour after finishing my paperwork. Whoa, talk about getting up a good sweat! It was an hour of move-it-and-lose-it routines. Step, weights, crunches, stretches jumping jacks. Sunday I had the additional motivation of a work-out partner from my old Pilates studio. We tried Into Yoga from 10-11A, then rode stationary bikes for 20 minutes, and right back into the next class at 11:30A-12:30P for Pilates.
Don’t judge a book by its cover. ‘Cause at first you looked at this old dude who was going to be our instructor and thought…you’re teaching the class?!? I chatted him up before the other students arrived and saw that on his right arm he had a faded tattoo that read U-S-M-C
…uh, oh—that’s when I knew this could be trouble and he is one buff old dude! He was a mix of a happy grandpa and that guy from mail call (R. Lee Ermey). His voice had THAT military cadence that sounded off when he told us front & center, ver-te-bRA ....and then there was throwing us a loop when we were told to reach down to the ground and touch our little toes-ies.
I am on a mission to get fit. Joined Saturday and went to an interval/cardio weight training class ½ hour after finishing my paperwork. Whoa, talk about getting up a good sweat! It was an hour of move-it-and-lose-it routines. Step, weights, crunches, stretches jumping jacks. Sunday I had the additional motivation of a work-out partner from my old Pilates studio. We tried Into Yoga from 10-11A, then rode stationary bikes for 20 minutes, and right back into the next class at 11:30A-12:30P for Pilates.
Don’t judge a book by its cover. ‘Cause at first you looked at this old dude who was going to be our instructor and thought…you’re teaching the class?!? I chatted him up before the other students arrived and saw that on his right arm he had a faded tattoo that read U-S-M-C
…uh, oh—that’s when I knew this could be trouble and he is one buff old dude! He was a mix of a happy grandpa and that guy from mail call (R. Lee Ermey). His voice had THAT military cadence that sounded off when he told us front & center, ver-te-bRA ....and then there was throwing us a loop when we were told to reach down to the ground and touch our little toes-ies.
No comments:
Post a Comment