So I didn't make it to my 10-year high school reunion this weekend. Bitter-sweet. I am sure there are people there that I would have liked to seen/catch up with, etc. I really can't think of one particular person that I haven't kept in touch with and knew that they would be there in K-town again. It seems like I would be going there to re-live the past. Which wasn't bad by any stretch, just non-monumental in the present day me.
Perhaps I should promise myself that I will attend the 25-year (if there is one)...imagine all the changes in our lives by that point! Oi!
Now I have built new relationships and networks from college, work, the gym, plus enriched friendships with old friends and then add in Curtis' connections too. I like this here-and-now life and was spending it in the Phoenix area, living that to the fullest. Also, now that there are the social networks of facebook, myspace, blogs, etc...I feel adequately connected to the world around me.
I agree with you 100% I still live in Kingman and didn't go because I was feeling the same way. I felt like if I went I was going to prove something to everyone else and I didn't need to.
ReplyDeleteI felt sort of guilty at first and then I saw all the pictures of everyone..same ol groups and suddenly I didn't feel so bad..I think in 5 they may have another..we'll see how I feel then!!