Monday, July 20, 2009

Karate Chop to the Lung

3 hours after my session with the personal trainer my lung is still confused. Just one lung. Yes, the one that was deflated from my scoliosis surgery so long ago that is should no longer be an excuse, yes the left one. It is less of a "runner's high" and more of a runner's hi-YAH! ...like a strategically healthy move that has left my body confused.

That same hour containing; treadmill jog/run, squats, push up, sit-up, lunges with weights, agility, and proving my lack of coordination circuit training. [whew] I must have been scowling at him the whole time, cause he kept asking me if I hated him. Nope, nothing personal...just as you kicking my arse is something I am asking you to do. (Dumb ass me).

I really think my issue with today was that the NutriMirror program (after only 2 weeks) said that with the way I have been eating that I should be 142 lbs...and well, I'm NOT. Hm, have I ever divulged numbers here before? Well, here's the reality in HS I was all of 110, in college 120, before marriage 127, and with 25-30 lbs/5-years later I hit the brakes. I got to a gym at about 156, started eating right again and hit a wall at 152--hence monitoring my food. I am down to 149, but this dumb online thing is saying I should have dropped 10lbs! That's not healthy in such a short amount of time. So like with every piece of advice someone gives you (ahem me recommending NutriMirror comes to mind), take it as a guideline and not what has to be. I will continue to evaluate what I eat until before Thanksgiving and then I don't think I will continue to catalog my food, it will just be nutrients consumed on a daily basis again.

2 comments:

  1. Your probably gaining muscle too and losing inches..I wouldn't worry about it all to much! Continue eating healthy and working out...you'll notice a big difference:-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer said exactly what I was going to say.
    You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete