We just had our last check up and I am relieved to say that I was not called a fatty. My weight gain is on track and I am relieved because I really do try. Do I still indulge? Sure! Yet I try to be sensible...for a small example: instead of chowing on Cheetos, I nibble on Cheddar Sun Chips and in general get a healthy food variety. Kiddo is just getting BIG. Now we can see baby kicking and rolling from the outside of my belly...and the kicks/punches are unmistakable. He is already changing our lives.
Down to three months and the pressure is on. Why exactly? I don't know...hormonal...it is that much closer to being real and I know there will be plenty enough to learn/adjust to once baby is born. I want things to be ready for our little man's big arrival home. I want little projects around the house to be wrapped up, safety is key and cleanliness is paramount.
Friday I could sigh another big sigh of relief...the crib we ordered online came in. Now we have an infant car seat that was handed down to us, the mentioned crib (still in the box, but just happy it is here!) and a very precious wooden rocker. Both of our families had wooden rockers that are still in our parents' homes today. Now I feel like we have a solid tradition and smile every time I pass the nursery-to-be.
awww thats cool you are really feeling the urge to nest. Its so much fun! Being ready is best. Wait till your baby shower, you will be over whelmed with all of the stuff you get:)
ReplyDelete