Even now I am unaware how big it really is...I will confess, I have clipped my new tummy on a door. I never realized how small bathroom stalls can be. Or how long lines in the ladies room really are when kiddo is sitting/kicking/punching your bladder.
Another example of the bump is when you wet your toothbrush before you bring it to your mouth with toothpaste. Ever notice that you drip just a drop of water off of it before it reaches your mouth? Before the baby bump it was somewhere you didn't notice, like on the counter or on the floor. Now I have the perfect shelf in which it drips just that little bit of water on my belly where it is then is absorbed by my shirt and makes me look a mess.
Friends who haven't seen me in a while give me the most honest (and funny) feedback. "Are you smuggling a basketball under there?!?!" I can't help but laugh, it's all of too true. My belly button seems to be unraveling and I will probably be a prego that has the pop-out turkey timer "outtie" belly button.
The biggest shocker is how I actually don't mind people touching my ginormous belly. (Grant it, none have been strangers--that story is still to be told). I really thought that I would absolutely smack hands away before I got pregnant. Now I can't stop touching my belly. It is such an amazing feeling to have baby kick and roll around. I want to share it too...it is a trip that a prego belly is hard and then when kiddo kicks someone hand, it is all of too wonderful to see their eyes light up with surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment