Simple nature of being, the hubby and I are just content sitting in the same room together even if we aren't talking. Last night as we clicked along on our separate keyboards in the computer room, checking our separate emails and looking at totally opposite web pages. Think Hello Kitty on one screen and a technically-laden, engineer jargon filling the other monitors on his desk to get an accurate contrast of our lives. Then, in came Lenny clapping his jaw together, wagging his tail and getting down in the play position with furry booty sticking up in the air. He wanted to play fetch (or his version of you throw it...there is no retrieving really involved).
I returned to the office, dog thoroughly tired, swiveled back into my seat and went back to typing. There was a moment of pause in talking about our network connection and then I realized we have a lot of separate things. Email accounts, bank accounts, hobbies, etc...hrmph, was really the summation of that thought when I said it out loud. And then we really self-diagnosed ourselves as if we were on WebMD for relationships...that, hm...yup...
...we're healthy and very thankfully still happy being together doing anything. And still both bringing new ideas and dreams to the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment