It sounds like simple advice to not bite yourself, but what if you can't feel your lips? your cheek? your eye socket?!? Yup folks, I just got back from the dentist's office and I don't think I have chewed on myself this morning, but one can only tell after the sensation returns. My metabolism complicates things at the DDS since I process the shots/numbing agents so quickly. Today, like any other filling session--I had to have a double round of shots as we started to get through the procedure.
Not being able to control your own face is just plain weird. Why do people voluntarily get Botox?!? You can't control your expressions and that totally goes against nature, plus it lasts for more than a just few hours. I look like I am 1/2 scowling because I cannot control the right side of my mouth and the left cheek is puckering in (I think). If I stick a cold glass of water up to my face I can feel pressure, but not the coldness of the cup that I can feel in my hand--creepy! Talking is also very cumbersome and this is where I fear I may go against the good dentist's advice and accidentally give myself a little nibble.
No comments:
Post a Comment