Lately I have been interacting or observing younger people in my daily life. Man they are fidgety! For what exact reasons they flail and shift their weight from one foot to another--I don't know. I will tell you it is a parallel universe to try and have a conversation with a nervous talker.
The opinion is there, but they are afraid to voice it. The tone is shaky and full of pauses. They look for approval from a voice they don't know. Hair is pushed to and fro, there are glances instead of actual eye contact, there may even be a nibbling of the lip.
Some people say that they wish they could do it all over again, growing up...changing those experiences or just re-living them. For me, oh gawd no. I went through this same awkwardness once and I am glad to be over it!
Now onto the next unknown stage of life...
No comments:
Post a Comment