No military secrecy on confidential Marine projects like in the past. That all I could find out about is how Scotty has another new hobby and pilots broke more gear in more stupid ways than Curtis thought was originally possible. Now I can ask: 'How was your day?' --And then proceed to get a clear, general, real answer. So for once C can tell me about what he is working on and I love to truly hear about his day.
It is a larger company he works for and they have to pay for coffee, so my solution is that I bought him a 5-cup coffee maker since we didn't find a policy of no hot plates at your desk. The following is what ensued per email update:
The coffee maker has turned into a nightmare. Apparently there was a policy change a while ago. I have to open a facilities request to check the plug I want to plug the coffee maker into to make sure it is approved for small appliances. Then I have to get an equipment tag for the coffee maker so security knows the equipment is allowed on the premises. At this point I can't even bring it into the building. Once I get all that the coffee maker can't sit in my cube, it will have to sit at the end of the cubes where the fridge and microwave are (the only electrical outlet "rated" for small appliances).
So he can tell me how his day went, but he can't walk into the building with a coffee maker. Does anyone else find this funny too?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment