This weekend composed of a dinner party at our house, a party-party at a friend's and the Renaissance Festival out in way-east Phoenix/AJ. Throughout that time we each found out in varying forms that being older and drinking--it just doesn't mix as well anymore. The recovery period actually exists, the next day is hell and you may even have a 2nd day of a regretful hangover. They say getting old is hell--I think I have found the road map for getting there. My plan is to stop at a Circle K and ask better directions in the road of life. My birthday is only 2 months away and I would like to put off some more the inevitable signs of age. I am excited--I will be 28 and my life has been good. I am very thankful for the great friends and the family in my life.
On Saturday we played "bocci bags" with varied teams for a full on competition with full bracket tracking. Almost like a March Madness competition for bocci bags! Not only a new experience, but a fun one too! It is a mix between horseshoes and bocci ball where you throw the bags onto a board with an incline and try to sink it through the hole (like you would throw a ringer around the horseshoe stake) and you get points for landing (and staying) on the board. I can't wait till we are this cool and can play at our house in something besides dirt. The hope is that we can do fun activities outside while the weather is so nice. Maybe when we re-landscape and get grass in the backyard and change up some of the plants. We have some lofty future goals for our home. Currently our yard is composed of 40% dirt, 40% oleander shrubs/towers and 19% thorned bushes/trees/scrub oak and 1% Lenny land mines.
Sunday was a departure from the norm and we explored the Renaissance Festival. Not big into buying trinkets, but focused on the shows and food. First order of the day was a turkey leg. And the faire did not disappoint, it was smoked well and had all the meaty goodness I was craving. Curtis got picked to go out on stage for a show, no shock since he is 6'4" and even sitting in an audience he is easy to pick out from a crowd. The details I will leave for him to explain, but I was laughing so hard I was practically howling! Beyond that we walked around, admired the blown glass vases done right there at the faire..and did some awe-inspiring people watching! It was just a nice day to walk around and the dust/wind didn't kick up till the late afternoon. I am still blowing the dirt out of my nose and trying to poke some of the images out of my mind's eye...but will have recovered in time for the 2011 Renaissance Festival.
Its not going on my blog so I will explain here.
ReplyDeleteI was dressed in a hula skirt and did a sexy dance. Then I did strip tease and took off my shirt. All of those in the audience not blinded by my white pasty brilliance where able to see me kiss another dude.. on the lips.
That is all you get.