In a previous post I mentioned that I have a dog...a retired athlete to be more specific. Lenny is a greyhound that ran the dog track till he was almost 4 years old. Which is longer than most other pups-- and yes, I'm bragging about what I didn't do.
For the last two years he has been living the happy life of retirement with me and my husband. Lenny was retired from the track simply because he slowed down. And now there are multiple organizations dedicated to finding homes for these great dogs. We found Lenny through Arizona Adopt A Greyhound.
I couldn't advocate a better kind of family member. He is lovable, clean and goofy. And did I mention lazy?!? Normally people guess that he is some hyper, high-maintenance mess. Not true. He is a 45 mph couch potato. Lazy as all-of-get-up except before his routine feeding times, when we play fetch/chase and the weekly dog park treks that we do just for him.
Our pup is the best of both worlds. Curtis (my husband) wanted a mastiff...no to the massive size and drool, not to mention the hair/grooming. Originally, I thought I wanted a shiba inu...then I studied about how they are "strong willed" aka stubborn. So, Lenny became our long researched choice and under strong recommendation from another friend who adopted back in 2001. Adorable and addictive...you will see more about Lenny for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment