Monday, March 16, 2009

Green Light

Okay, no shock that I have a baby time line in my head and am being overly cautious with my spine. Today was my last prenatal planning session--this one with the Obstetrician for when the time comes and I decide to go off the pill in the near-ish future. He sent me home with a whole slew of prenatal vitamins to try. --Disclaimer: Let me first commend E before I get into my rant. She is a smart lady and told me about Rainbow Light Prenatal One --it has the best stats and is a normal green color like the veggies/nutrients it was made from.

Being in marketing I can't help but analyze the packaging. Look at these happy babies with graduate caps on...see, if you take this vitamin you will have smart kids. Riiiiiight, trust the cardboard. Then, upper left bugs me the most because of the cheeze-mo tagline "Babies Blossom with Tandem DHA." Really, really?!? Now did you read that with a lilt voice to mock the box too?

Moving on, the doc told me some of his other patients like the PreferaOB for the size of the pill. So now that I am home, I started opening the boxes and analyzing the nutrition charts. Looking at the unusual purple color of that pill, the smart combo packs that have an Omega -3 booster with a heart imprinted on the neon yellow pill. [yawn] Next, the obnoxiously pink packaging and...and then, all my cynicism stopped me in my tracks when I came across this one:

Perhaps you can't get my horror from just this photo. /\ Do you see this teal blue one right here, PrenateDHA. Yeah, I gathered all boxes and ran into where C was reading. Holly crap, will you look at this thing?!? It looks like a suppository! The damn thing is 3x the size of any other one, it is gianormous!

C's famous line of the night went something like this: Maybe it is like those pills you submerge in water and you get a dinosaur towel, only with this one you get a baby. And then we both started laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment