It really made me grateful for the opportunities that we have made for ourselves and the life we have to look forward to living. I went to Japan excited to see the country and to have bonding time with my mom. We hoped to see our relatives, but had trouble connecting with all of them before we left the states. We got there and received the warmest welcome from my cousin (who has remained my pen pal after all these 25 years) and my Auntie.
Our adventure began with our carry-on only bag packs and a lot of determination to see everything. Soon after our arrival the our other relatives got back into the Tokyo area and invited us to stay with them, then proceeded to spoil us rotten. We got away from all the tourist rat race, it was awesome. Later, my mom and I took The Bullet Train up NE to see our good friend Rachel and her little pup Marco. We saw the real Japan for all its glory, even including some remaining cherry blossoms!
I am still amazed, not only did I get to see Japan...I connected with Nihon and my heart is happy. I became protective of my family, these memories and wanted to lavish in them for a while longer. Now I am ready to share.
Oh how much fun! I'm so glad that you got to go. Sounds like it was an amazing trip. I'd love to see the pictures:)
ReplyDelete