Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - Returning to Old Habits

It seems silly to go back to "old" habits...but those were the good ones I used to have. Like here's an earthshaking idea: only eating until you are full. I became far to indulgent and stopped listening to my body. Drinking soda and not playing tennis...all other miscellaneous contributors to my own weight gain.

So now, like the bandwagon of folks I am jump starting my daily diet by doing the South Beach Phase I. It is intended to lessen/eliminate your sugar cravings and take you into a low-carb life diet. For the next 2 weeks there will be no bread, no sugar, no alcohol and most painfully no fruit. I've done this diet before and it is a positive life change...and pretty effective for diabetics I would think.

Currently I have risen back to 152 on the scale and need to find the gym again. This week I focus on the fresh food, raising my water intake and getting over a head cold. Next week I jump back on the cardio train!

No comments:

Post a Comment