Monday, May 4, 2009

Thank you to my guardian angel...

I didn't bring a lunch in today, so I went to the nearest drive thru (Taco Bell = bad girl). I wanted to return to work quickly, but was in no maniacal rush. As I was leaving the plaza, I tracked a car who went into the right turn lane, thought it was clear and proceeded to inch forward to merge into traffic. WOOSH! A stream of red whizzed past my front windshield and missed my front fender by inches to spare as I doubled in on my break. I barely missed putting myself and that red car in harms way. I feel really bad about that, my adrenaline is still going.

There are lots of close calls in Phoenix all the time, that is the nature of traffic in a big city. This one just made me feel like I had an extra bit of help to avoid a close call. Sorry your wings are tired guardian angel...but look what happened to my finger when you took a vacation last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment