Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gracie Lou Returns!

Good Morning Ride! Curtis set me free for my own solo motorcycle ride. We've had the opportunity to ride together twice since Max was born and I haven't gotten out since then, so this was a real treat.

I couldn't decide where to go, but I am glad I headed over to South Mountain for the curvy roads. Aw, shucks...posted signs...the roads are closed. [pout] Hit the ranger station at the base and expected to be told to take a U-turn like multiple other cars streaming ahead of me from the adjoining lot. HA! Not so, the rangers looked at me and looked at each other. Then I was given the waive through because they said it should be okay since the marathon was winding down.

Hells yeah, I got my own private road. And got in trouble with the law when I got up to the summit another ranger blocked my path by pulling his pick up truck perpendicular to my path. Uuuuh, excessive. He grouched at me for being up there, so I told him to call it in. Suddenly he went meek, put down his radio and mumbled that they hadn't told him. Yeah, because this bad ass girl looked so tough in all her protective riding gear. Riiiight.

I stayed and soaked up the scene for ten or so minutes, then headed back down. I got half way back down the mountain before 3 cars and 1 other motorcyclist were allowed up. I felt very privileged.

No comments:

Post a Comment