I found an ad for a Suzuki Savage and it sounds like the perfect starter motorcycle. I went to go see it tonight with check in hand. I had the riding itch this weekend and am fully looking forward to my own bike. Mid-range cc's...650 is enough to GO! --but not entirely enough get myself killed if it rocketed it out from under me. This one seemed light enough and had a low seat height so that I could keep proper control. Even the paint seemed to be a sweet looking pearl gray from the ad's photo--I really hoped this could be the one.
Damn. We pulled up to the house and there it sat in the driveway--lonely and small. It looked spindly and short and...blue. Ick. It was nothing I expected to see, I was prodded to ride it from the female owner and I am glad I did. Around the block I let the cool, October Arizona air curl around me and I knew that I could handle more and wanted more. I would outgrow this starter bike much too quickly. She claimed it could keep up with the "big boy bikes"--Curtis made the fair point that probably could, it would just require me to use the gas more (damn the truth stings). When I returned I let her know my reservations, the time line I had in mind and still took a bid at the bike if I wanted to come back to it. You see the price is ideal, but it is probably best to spend just a bit more up front and get something that will last me for years. We will keep looking through the week. On an eventual---much later note, I will also learn to use the throttle to its full potential. RAAAARWR!
[giggle] Plus, in reading Curtis' last post...he would not be caught dead on this little Mini-Cooper of the bike world. Think the equivalent of him being on a kiddies Razor motorcycle with his knees up to his ears...exaggeration, yes. Funny, also yes.
The search continues --on a budget.
No comments:
Post a Comment